If you are thinking about putting your home on the market, now is the time to start getting things done. Here are 6 things you must do:
1. Clean, Clean, Clean – Make the house shine from top to bottom. Don’t forget to clean the cold air returns & vents along with carpet, draperies & windows too.
2. Clear the Clutter - Remove unnecessary items from countertops, tabletops & bathtubs – areas that often attract the most clutter. Keep only the necessities. A decluttered home helps buyers mentally “move in” with their own things. Pay attention to furniture arrangements & remove pieces that make the room look crowded.
3. Check the Exterior - Check gutters, roof & trim for damage, Clean & repair if necessary. Examine the landscaping, prune bushes & trees making sure no plants are blocking the windows. Remove any dead or scraggly plants & keep the lawn freshly mowed & trimmed.
4. Light it Up - Replace the light bulbs in the home with higher wattage bulbs. It’s not very expensive & the brighter look will make a big difference.
5. Update Fixtures - Look at the lighting in the Entryway, Dining Room, Kitchen & Baths. If they are brass, they should be updated. A new faucet at a Kitchen sink will add a fresh look.
6. Put on a Fresh Coat of Paint – This could make the biggest difference. Keep the color neutral & make sure there is a contrast with the doors & trim work.
I hope this gives you some ideas of things you must do to get your home ready for the market. If you would like some tips about your home, please contact us & we will be happy to help.